Actions to Protect Public Health
Facing escalating conditions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, our parish is aligned with guidance from the Metropolis of San Francisco and the Alameda County Public Health department. We are taking the following temporarymeasures to help the efforts to contain the spread of the virus.
All non-Liturgical parish events, activities, and gatherings are suspended through the end of March. Cancellations include:
- Sunday School, Bible Study, and Adult Education
- Sunday Coffee Hour and Lenten Potlucks
- All Ministry meetings and events – for youth and adults
- Basketball and Dance practice
Ministry Leaders will be in contact with parishioners who may not regularly access email.
We will continue the following:
- All Divine Liturgies and Lenten services will continue as scheduled.
- Food Pantry Distribution on Saturdays will continue because our community relies on this service. We are following guidelines from the Alameda County Community Food Bank, and we appreciate your support in volunteering if you are in good health and able.
- Pastoral visits and philanthropy.
We are following the Archdiocese and Metropolis guidance to keep all parishioners as safe as possible during services. The primary precaution of all parishioners and visitors is that if you are sick or at high risk, please stay home, avoid crowds, and do not attend services until advised to do so by your healthcare provider. You can view our Divine Services from home on our live stream broadcast at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCPSwUIDbfi9qdmyJfUnHrQ.
We also realize recommendations from the CDC and Department of Public Health are changing frequently. We will adjust accordingly and update you in a timely manner.
These efforts are in hopes of preventing or slowing transmission of this virus in our local community, but we also must be prayerful and vigilant so that the sicknesses of fear and anxiety are not transmitted more than the virus itself. “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear.” (1 John 4:18).
If your family has been adversely affected and are need of assistance, please contact Father Niko or Parish Council President Rebecca Spiros Hoyer. All matters will be held in the strictest confidence.
During this season of Great Lent, we are prescribed to fast, pray, and give alms in preparation for the resurrection of our Lord, and Savior, Jesus Christ. Now, more than ever, is the appropriate time to pray.
Yours in Christ,
Father Niko and Rebecca Spiros Hoyer
Statement on the COVID-19 Pandemic from Metropolitan Gerasimos
Resurrection YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCPSwUIDbfi9qdmyJfUnHrQ