Due to the emergence of the Covid-19 Delta variant, which is much more transmissible than previous forms of the virus, the Alameda County Public Health Department has issued a new Order requiring masks for all individuals over the age of 2 in public indoor settings. The Order takes effect at 12:01 a.m., Tuesday, August 3.
This means that parishioners over the age of 2 will need to wear a mask while attending Divine Services in the church; ministry meetings, coffee hour, and all other activities in the Agape Hall; and when visiting the church office – regardless of vaccination status – with two exceptions:
- As we’ve been doing the past year, parishioners who wish to partake of Holy Communion may remove their masks as they approach the chalice, and place it back on before returning to their seats.
- Chanters and members of the Resurrection Choir may remove their masks while actively singing/chanting during the Divine Liturgy and at choir rehearsal.
Here are several other ways we are continuing to protect the safety of our parishioners:
- Sunday Divine Services are being live-streamed for those who are physically unable to come to church.
- Appropriate accommodations are being made for those who elect to maintain social distancing (when you notify the parish office prior to attending Divine Liturgy).
- We are aligning our actions to guidance provided by the State of California, Alameda County, and the Metropolis of San Francisco.
We appreciate your understanding as we continue to navigate through these difficult times. If you have any questions, you can reach out to me directly at email@example.com.
Glen Kaminski, Parish Council Reopening Readiness Lead