The Ladies Philoptochos Society is the women’s auxiliary of the Greek Orthodox Church in the United States. Originally founded in 1931 to help the poor, the Society has expanded its mission into all areas of philanthropy. Philoptochos chapters not only aid their local parishes but also support national and world-wide projects (such as providing medical care for children, feeding & housing displaced persons, etc).
Our meetings are currently held via Zoom on the first Tuesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. Contact Christine Psefteas at email@example.com for the Zoom meeting info/link.
President: Christine Psefteas
Vice-President: Melodee Spencer
Treasurer: Panorea Petsas
Assistant Treasurer: Corrine Mavridis
Corresponding Secretary: Margaret Revill
Recording Secretary: Dia Mundle
Advisor to the Board: Sandy Jouthas
Our Activities Include
- Sponsoring the Parish Christmas card
- Leading several activities during Great Lent, including adorning the Kouvouklion (Christ’s Tomb) with beautiful flowers on Holy Friday
- Holding a Bake Sale in February that benefits the Metropolis Kids ‘n Cancer/Camp Agape Program
- Hosting the annual Vasilopeta Luncheon with proceeds benefiting various charities
- Supporting the various efforts of International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC), along with local charities like: Autism Speaks, Open Heart Kitchen, N.A.M.I., Valley Pregnancy Center, FESCO, and the Salvation Army
- Funding Bishop Anthony’s Philoptochos Student Aid Endowment Fund to support seminarians and students from our Metropolis
- Supporting the Monastery of the Theotokos in Dunlap, CA
- Holding school supply drives, canned food drives, and clothing drives
Christine Psefteas at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the church office at: (510) 581-8950.