We are always glad to welcome new people into our parish family. Whether you have just moved to the area, are exploring Orthodox Christianity for the first time, or are returning home, we want to get to know you better. Please join us for Divine Services and join one of our various ministry groups!
Resurrection – You Belong Here
We meet for worship every Sunday followed by a fellowship coffee hour in our community center.
- Sundays: Orthros (Matins): 8:45 AM Divine Liturgy: 10:00 AM
- Certain Weekdays: Divine Liturgy: 9:00 AM (check the monthly calendar for actual dates/times)
Children in Church
In the Orthodox tradition, our children become full members of the Church when they are baptized, usually as infants. We welcome and encourage you to bring your children to church. As Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me.” – Matthew 19:14
Parents of Young Children: relax and feel free to try different strategies while attending services. Try sitting near the front of the church, where it’s easy for little ones to see and hear the liturgy. Sing the responses and hymns together. And, if your child gets a little noisy/antsy, use the Young Family room in the back of the church.
Guests Without Children: know that sounds and movement from children are reminders that we have a young, vibrant parish where our kids feel at home! Including children in our services helps them to build an active and healthy relationship with God and His Church.
Divine Services During the COVID-19 Pandemic
We have spent many hours readying the church for in-person worship in a safe, healthy, and phased manner under the guidance of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, San Francisco Metropolis, and the Alameda County Office of Public Health. Please visit the Reopening Resurrection page for the most current services information, as attendance requirements can change swiftly.
Ministries for You
Everyone has gifts to offer and serving or attending group meetings side-by-side is a rewarding way to develop friendships within the parish. We have many ministries for you to explore:
- Adult Education opportunities include weekly Bible Studies and evening lectures, and our annual Lenten retreat. Learn more by watching our latest Christian Education videos with Deacon Justin Bosl on the Resurrection Greek Orthodox Church YouTube channel’s “The Living God Series Playlist.”
- Outreach, Evangelism, and Welcome Ministries prayerfully pursue projects which help share the Gospel with seekers and welcome newcomers into the parish.
- Family Ministries include regular potluck meals, service projects, seminars, outings, game nights, and our Labor Day Family Retreat at St. Nicholas Ranch and Retreat Center in Dunlap, California.
- Men’s and Women’s Groups meet regularly for fellowship, service and recreation. Our Mom’s group meets for Bible/Book Study.
- The Ladies Philoptochos Society (LPS) -“The Friends of the Poor” is a service organization which organizes philanthropic activities, fellowship, and fundraising for worthy causes. Membership is open to both women and men.
- The Saint Paraskevi Seniors Group (55+) meet on the second Thursday of the month for fellowship, service, and fun outings. They also prepare memorial meals for funerals and our annual Palm Sunday luncheon.
- Liturgical Ministry opportunities include serving in the altar, singing in the choir, chanting, baking prosfora bread for the Eucharist, and making koliva for memorial services.
- Our Youth Ministries are vast and varied. From Sunday School and youth groups for pre-school, elementary, middle and high school students, and young adults – to Folk Dance, Youth Choir, Cub Scouts/Girl Scouts, and Youth Basketball. Two other annual events include our St. John Chrysostom Oratorical Festival in the spring, and the Metropolis of San Francisco Summer Camp.
- Our Parish also operates the “Feeding the 5,000” Food Pantry in partnership with the Alameda County Community Food Bank. The Food Pantry is open to the public on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of every month.
- And, we look forward to our annual home building trip with “Project Mexico” every summer.
Interested in attending or joining any of these groups? Contact our church office at (510) 581-8950 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be sure to connect you with the right Ministry Leader!